Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Farallon Islands

















I've got the sailing bug again. I had a great time tooling around the San Fancisco Bay last month and Newport Harbor last weekend. With the Boston Marathon fading into the past, I am searching hard for my next feat. I think I have found it in the Farallon Islands. These islands are about 30 miles outside of San Francisco Gate and they seem to have all the things I like in an adventure.


Sharks!














Lots and lots on hungry Great White Sharks kick around the Farallons. From what I have read, they will com right up to the boat and swim along side. In the picture above one of our Great White friends is dining a la cart from the seal selection.

Nuclear Waste!















Our government is a proper steward of the environment, showing it the love a child gives a mother. Back in the 50s the good folks in the governement set about dumping containers of radioactive waste out by the Farrellons.

Shipwrecks!

























Sometime, people crash their boats up there.


I love this shit.

No comments: